Uber and American Express are teaming up with a generous offer for the holiday season. Each Uber rider is eligible to get two free rides, up to a whopping $65 in value, from certain airports. So if you happen to be traveling through these airports a couple times before the end of the year you could get $130 in Uber value, free!
To get in on the deal, enter the code AMEXAIRPORT in your Uber app prior to requesting a ride. Then be sure to select an American Express Card (prepaid cards not eligible) as payment for the ride. You’ll need to complete your trips before 12/31/16.
The main restriction for this promo is that it only applies to rides originating at select airports. Here’s that list of airports:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
This promo is also only available to American Express cardholders. If you don’t already have an Amex card you may want to consider the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express. As of writing, it is one of my highest rated cards and comes with a 25,000 point signup bonus.
A few other notes:
- If your fare is over $65, the card you select as payment method will be charged the amount over $65.
- For rides to count for this promotion they must be completed by 11:59PM on 31 Dec 2016.
- This promotion is valid on all Uber options. uberPOOL and uberX offer the lowest fares.
If you haven’t already signed up for Uber, you can do so with this link and get $20 off your first ride!
Check the official Uber promo page for other questions.
Want notification of deals like this in the future? Then sign up for my free email newsletter. I’ll even include my custom credit card tracking spreadsheet and a 9-page eBook, free.
Are you going to take advantage of this offer? Share your thoughts in the comments below!