2016 UPDATE: Check out my latest post for info on how to get a 50k point signup bonus through a referral offer.
27 OCT 2015 UPDATE: This specific offer is dead. You can still get a 50k point signup bonus for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier personal card.
Quite often the Southwest Rapid Rewards Personal Premier card is available with a 50k point signup bonus.
However, for many months the publicly available offer for the Plus version of the card has been only half that, at 25k bonus points.
Well, I just learned of a now-available public link for a 50k point signup bonus for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus card.
Read on to find out how why you should care and how to access it!
There are two major reasons you should care about a 50k point signup bonus for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus credit card.
1. Those 50k Rapid Rewards points will often yield you a roundtrip ticket between the US and the Caribbean.
With Southwest now flying to destinations like Cancun, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, Costa Rica and more you’re no longer stuck redeeming points for a continental US trip.
2. The 50k Rapid Rewards points from the Plus card can be combined with 50k Rapid Rewards points from the Premier card to get you almost all the way to a Companion Pass.
The Southwest Companion Pass is one of the best airline programs/perks around. I recently published two posts on it. Check them out to learn more:
- Reader Request: Help Me Understand Southwest Companion Pass Before My Head Explodes
- Southwest Companion Pass – One of the Best Airline Perks Around
- Reader Request: Help us Get Southwest Companion Pass
Here’s how you can get the 50k point offer for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus credit card!
1. Simply head to this link (now dead).
2. Scroll down to the “Not the card for you?” section.
3. Click the “More [+]” button to reveal the 50k point signup bonus offer for the Southwest Personal Plus credit card.
4. Click the “Apply Now” button to start your application.
I do recommend taking a screengrab of the offer when you apply for a credit card just in case there are any questions as to the offer you applied for.
Will you be using this deal towards a Companion Pass? Share your thoughts and a note on whether you were approved, in the comments below.